My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

Needle Felted Willie Nelson

My Little Willie Nelson!

Needle Felted Willie Nelson

Needle Felted Willie Nelson Rear View

Willie is about 12" tall and is 100% Needle Felted Wool. His hair is a blend of Alpaca and Icelandic Wool. Like all my characters, I start with a basic body structure using what I call "core wool" which is basically wool batting that has not been dyed. The outer layers of the skin and clothing are made with Norwegian C1 Felting Batts. Willie was a wonderful, fun challenge for me - and he stands on his own!

Here is Willie with his buddy, Conan O'Brien!

Needle Felted Buddies

And here is a video so you can see how lifelike he is!

Comments

  1. these are AMAZING!!!!!!! i love, love, love them. seeing these is just the push i need to get back to work on my own project. thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment