Felt Alive 2010 Calendar is now available at Lulu.com

I got a wild idea for a silly calendar last month and finally got it all put together. So, drum roll please....I am happy to present my new Felt Alive I Felt the Stars 2010 Wall Calendar !!! It's available for sale on Lulu.com. Lulu is the coolest site for publishing your own stuff.




Support independent publishing: Buy this calendar on Lulu.


Besides the calendar - I am very much enjoying my big adventure living and bumming in our RV. What a strange freedom with so many adjustments to make. Visit my travel blog to see where in the world I am hanging out. Where In the World is Felt Alive?

In spite of feeling like I'm always on vacation, I did manage to give my website some much needed updates and revisions. It feels kind of like a clean house. And if I do say so myself, I really love my new banner. When I am faced with designing things for my website, I easily get overwhelmed with indecision. What font looks better, what picture to use, blah, blah, blah...I'm finally starting to follow my gut and make quicker decisions and am pleased with my new banner that I put together in an afternoon.

My new 4 Disc DVD workshop for making needle felted dolls is proving to be a popular item in my Felt Alive Shop, especially, since I packaged them with Deluxe Kits from Patti, at DreamFelt.

Patti is catering to the needs of needle felters and carries fabulous needle felting kits and all of my favorite needle felting supplies. From core wool batting to foam felting pads, you can find it at DreamFelt! Patti carries the perfect un-dyed wool batting for the core of any needle felted sculpture - It felts fast and strong. I use this wool to sculpt the core of all of my dolls so I can save my money for the good stuff! Speaking of good stuff when you are DreamFelt you must look at the delicious colors she carries of Norwegian C1 Felting Batts!


I know I say it all the time, but Norwegian C1 is the ultimate wool for needle felting. That is my humble opinion of course. In my online quest for the ultimate needle felting wool, I discovered the most gorgeous one pound batts of the most interesting looking wool at New England Felting Supply. I read about it and discovered it was was widely used in the traditional feltmaking world for upholstery and rugs. It felts fast and is durable. It turns out those qualities make for the perfect Felt Alive dolls. I require fast felting wool (I'm very impatient) and the durability of the felted wool makes such strong joints. Plus it finishes nicely - I see a sheen in the flesh tones that gives my dolls an even more lifelike way about them. It's the wool, I tell you!!

I just stumbled across this funny picture that really illustrates the lifelike qualities of Norwegian C1 felting batts - this is one of my dolls, Cyrus, in the making, with an Alaskan mosquito trying to tap into some blood.

Weird, Huh? But why I brought this up and shared old photos is that the pictures really show the lifelike sheen I was talking about. And I think there is more to it than sheen; that mosquito hung in there for at least 10 minutes. It was a good thing that Cyrus was made from thousands of jabs with a sharp needle - he didn't even notice the mosquito. By the way, Cyrus' flesh is made from Beige-Peach Norwegian C1.

OK!! This was a long post to announce my new Calendar. I just added some amazing pictures to my travel blog of the Southern Oregon coast which is where our adventures currently have us roaming. Where in the World is Felt Alive?


Comments

  1. this is a gr8 blog i'm really impressed

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO..your work is divine!!!! I cant wait to try this......
    LOL..my husband will say.."not another craft!!"....Thanks for sharing..you are super talented!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment