New Li'l Willie - Needle Felted Doll

Here is my second attempt at making a Willie Nelson caricature figure.He is 100% needle felted wool felt.  He's fully jointed with a natural range of movement and is made without using any kind of armature.  All of his details, including clothes and hair are all needle felted wool.  His boots were the most fun!

 
willie nelson figure - needle felted Felt Alive wool doll by Kay Petal
Li'l Willie #2

willie nelson figure - needle felted Felt Alive wool doll by Kay Petal
li'l Willie #1 meets li'l Willie #2

willie nelson figure - needle felted Felt Alive wool doll by Kay Petal
Li'l Willie #2


Li'l Willie Nelson #2.  Li'l Willie (#1) was one of my early needle felted caricature dolls.  Big Li'l Willie (#2) is my first attempt to repeat a subject.  They are two years apart.

Comments

  1. What no weed? Just joking.He is ever so cute you are very talnted I have looked at all your old work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so awesome Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to see your skill increase. I thought Lil Willie 1 was good, but Willie 2 is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love them both and especially new Willie's boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I just discovered your work, and it's amazing!!! What fun, and such detail. I'm trying my hand, and signed up on your forum...thank you for sharing your world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ¿Un mundo real k parece de fantasía o un mundo de fantasía k pudiera ser real?
    Es lo más maravilloso k he visto en mi vida en lana fieltrada. ¡Enhorabuena!
    Saludos desde mi osera
    mamaosa©

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're both brilliant but if anything your new work is better than the old. even more characterful somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I appreciate them. Nelly, I know...its Willie. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment